Rand Water is the largest bulk water utility in Africa and is one of the largest in the world, providing bulk potable water to more than 11 million people in Gauteng, parts of Mpumalanga, the Free State, and North West – an area that stretches over 18 000 km2.
Rand Water draws water from its catchments (mentioned below) and purifies it for human consumption. The water is then supplied/sold to Municipalities, mines, and industries.
Job Title: District Aide X 15
Portfolio: Bulk Water Services – Operations
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location – Site: Central Depot / Bulk Distribution
Job Advert Summary
Rand Water is looking for candidates who will be responsible for the general maintenance on pipeline, valve & meter repair.
• Grade 12 / Standard 10
• 1-year experience in a similar environment (preferred)
• Ability to do maintenance on pipelines
• Good communication skills
• An EB / B or code 10 driver’s license or Motorcycle license would be an added advantage.
• Preference will be given to applicants with disabilities
• Maintenance of pipelines, valves, and meters
• Pipeline patrols by bicycle
• Standby duties
• Upkeep of grounds
• Cleaning of buildings and offices
• General maintenance
• Safety and safe working procedures
• Communication skills
• Ability to ride a bicycle
• Performance Driven
• High motivation
• Customer Service Orientation
Closing Date: 2019/05/22
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and/ or people with disabilities to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity objectives.
Subscribe for Updates
*Subscribe for latest Job Updates & Entertainment.