Job Type Classification: Permanent
Job Advert Summary
We are currently looking for a Secretary to work in our Fresh Produce and Horticulture Department based in Johannesburg Corporate Office. The successful incumbent will be expected to efficiently execute and coordinate all office administration duties, communication, and correspondence with key stakeholders, as well as the delivery of any other relevant tasks to provide the necessary support to the Fresh Produce Horticulture team in a professional manner.
Matric and/or equivalent to a Secretarial diploma Minimum of 3-5 years as a Secretary Excellent typing skills Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Knowledge of SAP is advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensure that hygiene, housekeeping and safe working standards are maintained (floor and back-up)
* Ensure that security procedures are adhered to
* Ensure that merchandise/display standards are adhered to
* Conduct regular quality checks, ensure that stock is rotated and that damaged/expired stock is removed
* Prevent wastage/shrinkage/damages
* Check correct pricing e.g. labels
* Complete all relevant administration/documentation
* Plan and implement sales promotions
* Approach and advise customers on the product, listen to customers’ requests, provide the required product or services and handle customers in a courteous and businesslike manner
* Monitor budgets (expenses, turnover, gross) and take required action
* Optimise stock levels e.g. always in stock, never overstocked through effective ordering and efficient handling of returns
* Plan daily/weekly production of products where applicable
* Communicate effectively with employees, management, customers and suppliers
* Ensure that all equipment is maintained in effective working order and operated in accordance with laid down standards
* Manage employees to ensure standards are maintained by competent, motivated employees
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Conscientious (by the book)
- Customer minded
- Ability to monitor and develop other’s performance
- Sense of urgency
- Team player
Applicants will be requested to complete the appropriate numeracy screening test as part of the assessment process.
Pick n Pay is committed to source, recruit, select and appoint talent that support our business and promotes equal opportunities in accordance with our Employment Equity and Diversity aspirations.
Subscribe for Updates
*Subscribe for latest Job Updates & Entertainment.