ARE YOU READY TO SHINE?
Ackermans want you!
We’re always looking for superstars to join us. With over 100 years in the business, more than 10 000 employees working in our Support Centre, Distribution Centres and in our stores across 5 countries – we’re passionate about retail, fashion, and people. We call our employees Phadimas, which means “shine” in Northern Sotho, so whether you’re super creative or analytical, you might be the next star to join our team!
An exciting opportunity for a Reconciliations Clerk to join our Finance team has become available! This position will be based at our offices in Kuilsriver on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the reconciliation of applicable general ledger accounts and monitoring the completion of GL Recons for all finance teams
Not only do we have more than 100 years of success behind us, but we have 800 stores spread across 6 African countries. We are extremely proud of our culture, and take pride in the development of our employees as we continue to be a leading value fashion retailer for women with children in their lives by continuously setting the standard for value and affordability.
If you have strong analytical and numerical skills, can work with multiple deadlines, volume, and extreme pressure then consider this to be an opportunity to invest and grow your career.
• Grade 12 (Accounting and Maths)
• Certificate in Accounting/Tax
• Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Diploma/ Degree)
• Strong financial reconciliation skills
• General ledger knowledge
• Good knowledge of financial administration and basic accounting principles and their application (debits, credits, journals, reconciliations)
• Good understanding of tax and VAT legislation)
• Computer skills, intermediate to advanced Excel
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Attention to detail
• Above-average numerical ability
• Deadline driven
• Ability to work under pressure and with large volumes of work
1. Prepare reconciliations to reconcile various Balance Sheet Accounts for review by Accountant, including (but not limited to:
• Designated payroll accounts
• Petty Cash – Trial Balance to Cash-on Hand
• Staff purchases – Tenacity clearing account
• Overseas travel
• Intercompany Loans
2. Resolving outstanding Items
• Query and follow up on reconciling items and ensure that all reconciling items are cleared within 90 days
• Escalate items outstanding for more than 30 days
• Journalize corrections
3. Trial Balance Checklist
• Making sure a reconciliation is completed for all Balance Sheet accounts
• Making sure that the reconciliation balances to the Trial Balances and have the correct narration for reconciling items
• Update and maintain account status changes and making sure that the details pertaining to the Responsible Person or Team is correct and updated on a regular basis as and when changes occur
4. Assist with monthly tax and VAT compliance
• Monthly preparation and filing of Ackermans SA & BLNS+ Z and Pepkor Speciality SA & BLNS VAT and Import VAT returns
• Arrange VAT & Import VAT Payments to revenue authorities
• Assisting with responses to VAT verifications and audits
• Monthly preparation of VAT Accounts recons
• Monthly preparation of journals
• Obtain customs assessments and arrange payment thereof
• Monthly preparation and filing of withholding tax returns
• Arrange payment of WHT to revenue authorities
• Monthly preparation of intercompany admin fees invoices
• Arrange payment of intercompany admin fees
• Monthly preparation of WHT Account Recons
• Monthly preparation of tax compliance files
• Assisting with SA and BLNS Income Tax, PAYE, WHT, and VAT tax authority queries and audits
• Assisting with queries and reporting to Pepkor Trading
• Assist with ad hoc queries
Regarding the Company arrangement for arrangements and advancements, the inclination will be given to hopefuls who will upgrade the assorted variety of the group and add to the business value inside the Company gave that the skills and least necessities for the position have been met.
Subscribe for Updates
*Subscribe for latest Job Updates & Entertainment.