Eskom generates approximately 95% of the electricity used in South Africa and approximately 45% of the electricity used in Africa. Eskom generates, transmits and distributes electricity to industrial, mining, commercial, agricultural and residential customers and redistributors. Additional power stations and major power lines are being built to meet rising electricity demand in South Africa. Eskom will continue to focus on improving and strengthening its core business of electricity generation, transmission, trading and distribution.
We rely on the skill, dedication and enthusiasm of our employees to meet our industry challenges and build a successful business. Our workplace reflects our dynamic and challenging environment as well as offers outstanding opportunities and career prospects, helping our employees excel in achieving their full potential. Eskom’s strong market position and forward-thinking strategy translates into a positive approach in partnering with our employees.
These opportunities aim to attract results-driven individuals who are suitably qualified.
Technician (Civil)Re-advert-Generation Division
• Grade 12 + 3 Technical
Related Minimum Experience:
• 2 Years related minimum experience
Skills and Competencies
• HV / LV Regulations
• Computer literacy
• Problem solving
• Quality control
• Safety knowledge
• Maintain optimisation of allocated system
• Verify that correct components / spares / services etc. are procured
• Assist with modifications to improve reliability of plant
• Advise and assist with staff development
• Attend and participate in meetings, discussions etc. and write comprehensive reports as required
• Perform budget requirements
• Perform projects / contract supervision activities
• Comply to permit to work system
• Perform administration activities
• Assist with recommissioning of plant and perform tests and inspections as required
• Perform any other legitimate activity as required
“If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.”
“Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of Eskom and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Eskom reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.”
Search other Eskom Vacancies:
Subscribe for Updates
*Subscribe for latest Job Updates & Entertainment.